SEA200 was formed in the summer of 2002 by a group of parents and professionals committed to advocating for educational excellence for children with special needs. The founding members felt strongly that parents of children with special needs would benefit from an organization to bring parents and educators within CUSD 200 together to share resources, educate the community about disabilities and build a strong partnership to enhance educational programming for children with special needs. SEA200 is a 501c3 organization.
The degree of strength and compassion with which we address the needs of children, including those with special needs, is a reflection of the values of our community. We must welcome, accept, appreciate and invest in the unique gifts each child brings to our lives and our community. It is upon this vision that SEA200 was founded.
- Provide a forum and a voice for members concerned with special education in CUSD 200.
- Partner with CUSD 200 to enhance the educational experience of children with special needs.
- Provide a diverse network of support.
Act as a Resource
- Facilitate exchange of information regarding educating children with special needs.
- Support CUSD 200 as a resource on special education opportunities, programming, and teaching methods.
Raise Public Awareness
- Increase awareness related to educating children with special needs in our community.
- Foster and expand partnership with corporations and professional organizations in our community.